Mother’s Day is right around the corner and the San Diego sunshine and ample opportunities to pamper Mom make planning this day a breeze. Check out these ideas on how you can spoil the mama in your life because she deserves it!
Start the day with a relaxing brunch! There are so many options for good food and indoor or outdoor seating with a view.
- Shorehouse Kitchen in Carlsbad – Try the wild mushroom and organic spinach omelet!
- Beach Plum Kitchen in Carlsbad – Try the avocado toast.
- Right on the border of Carlsbad and Encinitas, Vaga offers up amazing food and a view. Dine with views of ocean bluffs and local surf breaks, visible from both the outdoor patio and floor-to-ceiling windows in the dining room.
- If you’re looking for a fun live music scene, check out Black Rail Kitchen + Bar! They are open for a Mother’s Day jazz brunch from 10:00-2:00.
- Located at the Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, Vue is a popular outdoor brunch spot. With a sunny patio, enjoy views of the championship golf courses while you sip on your mimosas. Check out the menu here and be sure to book your reservations early.
After a relaxing brunch, check out all of the amazing options for bonding time with Mom.
- Take in the beautiful scenery at the Flower Fields. The stage will be filled throughout the day with the colorful dancing of the Rancho Buena Vista High School’s Ballet Folklorico. May 14, 9 am-6 pm. Free with admission. There is also an option to bring the Flower Fields home. Bring home blooms from the world-famous Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch by purchasing a bouquet of ranunculus. And if Mom is miles away, order the blooms online to be delivered.
- Paint your own ceramics and make something special for Mom to treasure forever at Fired Up Carlsbad. Located in the Carlsbad Village, let your inner artist shine.
- With so many amazing beaches to choose from, do something as simple as taking a long walk on the beach to catch up.
Mom wants to be pampered
Treat her to some rest and relaxation at one of the pampering locations below.
- Treat mom to a massage at Mantra Karuna. From rain drop therapy to deep tissue, a massage will wash away stress and leave your mom feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.
- Being treated to a mani/pedi is always appreciated. Check out Gel Touch for top notch service and beautiful nail designs.
- Get Mom summer-ready with a spray tan. Bare Brush Tan specializes in organic spray tanning and is derived from the same sugar found in green apples, we customize your tan to your skin tone and provide the best bronze available without unpleasant odors, harsh chemicals, or unsightly orange tints. Our unique solution is infused with aloe, moisturizing botanicals, and caffeine to help nurture healthy skin.
Book a Mother’s Day Getaway
Why make Mother’s Day just to day? Really pamper Mom and make it an entire weekend. Book one of Haustay’s ocean front properties for the ultimate gift to Mom. Even better, make it within close walking distance to the Carlsbad Village so she can park her car and not worry about driving or parking! Click here to see what availability we have and make it a weekend to remember!