6 Ideas To Celebrate Galentine’s Day In San Diego
According to Urban Dictionary, Galentine’s Day- celebrated on February 13th, the day before Valentine’s Day, is a day to honor all your gal-pal relationships, whether you’re single or not, and shower them with love and attention!
Fun Fact- Galentine’s Day came about from an episode of Parks and Rec in 2010 and has become a “must celebrate” for all the gal pals alike. Below are six fun ideas to get out (or stay in) and celebrate this unofficial official holiday with your ladies.
1. Get Your Nails Done
Nothing screams a girl’s day like kicking it off with a treat for your nails. Here are some local hot spot nail salons you’ll want to be sure to snag an appointment at to assure you and your gal can gossip together while getting your feet soaked and back massaged.
- Joy Nails in Oceanside
- NAILPOP in Encinitas
- Del Mar Nails and Spa
- Top Nails and Spa in Solana Beach
2. Go Brunching
Brunch is a great way to catch up over mimosas, but be careful. It is easy to brunch all day when the conversation and mimosas are flowing. Check out these great brunch hot spots.
- Shorehouse Kitchen in Carlsbad – Get the wild mushroom and organic spinach omelet!
- Beach Plum Kitchen in Carlsbad – Try the avocado toast.
- Swami’s Café in Oceanside, Carlsbad, or Encinitas
- If you’re looking for a fun and trendy boozy brunch spot, Breakfast & Bubbles in San Diego is a must-do
- Café-21 in Gaslamp is the place to go if you’re looking for a fun place to sip your way through the day with their well-known mimosa, mojito, and expresso martini flights, along with many other hand-crafted cocktails including extravagant Bloody Mary’s with the option to dress it up with a grilled cheese sandwich!
3. Hit Up A Wine Tasting Room
Urban wine production is quite popular these days with artisanal, rustic tasting rooms throughout San Diego. Check out some of our North County San Diego favorites:
- Carruth Cellars Tasting Room and Witch Creek Winery are both fun spots in Carlsbad.
- Solterra Winery in Encinitas.
- If you’re looking for a true vineyard & winery experience, making the trek out to Escondido will be worth it to visit Orfila Vineyards and Winery.
4. Enjoy A Luxury Movie
Enjoy a luxury movie date experience at Cinepolis in Carlsbad where hand crafted cocktails, full dine-in menu, gourmet popcorn and snacks, are delivered by wait staff to your seat, while reclining in luxury seating and watching the must-see chick-flick of the season.
5. Take A Cooking Class
Cooking classes are always a guaranteed fun time with your girlfriends- learning how to cook something special while chowing down on the meal after! Below are some fun stops to make to hit up a class, but be sure to register ahead of time because cooking classes are known to book up fast:
- Sur La Table in Carlsbad is hosting Valentine’s Day classes from February 11th through February 14th starting at $69 per person. Valentine’s Day chocolate macarons, family fun VDay treats, Winter in Paris, and Date Night: Be My Valentine themed classes are on the menu during those days leading up to the 14th!
- Enjoy decorating cookies and cupcakes from the comfort of your own home while sipping on champagne with the DIY Valentine’s Day boxes from Susie Cakes that’s available from February 10-14th!
6. Do Something Risky
For those adrenalin junkie BFFS, here are some ideas to stretch you to the limits of your comfort level:
- Skydive San Diego is offering a Valentine’s Day special for 2 tandem jumps for only $298.
- Have an itch to jump off a cliff into the Pacific Ocean? It’s time to make a visit to the Torrey Pines Gliderport where they have almost 100 years of flying history and provides flight lessons, certifications, and tandem flight services. Be sure to check their website for weekly specials.
And don’t forget to book a place to stay if you’re looking to get away to relax! Check out Haustay’s vacation rental properties!
Leave a Comment